Recipe by peachez
Tasty meatballs without any fuss. I also substitute fresh basil instead of sage, adding a little shredded mozzerella cheese to the wet meat mix. This is the basic recipe, add your favourites.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small white onion, diced
- 2 -3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced fine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper, to your taste (optional)
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Foil cover a baking sheet.
- Saute onion, garlic in olive oil over medium low heat for about 5 minutes, careful not to burn.
- Place rest of ingredients into a medium mixing bowl, hand mixing to combine Add the onion/ garlic/ olive oil to the mixing bowl, hand mixing well.
- Hand roll into Tablespoon size balls, placing each onto foil covered baking sheet Bake for 15- 20 minutes, checking for doneness after 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.