Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons seedless blackberry preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- fresh blackberries (to garnish)
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 6 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in blackberry preserves, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in salt.
- Remove silver skin from pork tenderloin, leaving a thin layer of fat covering meat. Cut pork into 8 slices. Place pork between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4 inch thick, using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Stir together bread crumbs, pecans, and sage in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge pork in breadcrumb mixture, dip in beaten eggs, and dredge again in breadcrumb mixture.
- Cook 4 pork slices in 2 teaspoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 minutes or until done, turning every 2 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining pork and oil. Serve pork over fresh spinach if desired. Drizzle with vinegar mixture; garnish if desired.