Recipe by Outta Here
A nice side dish for poultry. I made a change in the rice/broth ratio, and cooking method on recommendation of some of the reviewers, and after trying it myself again. This changed the servings to 4 instead of 2. Thanks to all reviewers for your input!
Top Review by SashasMommy
This was so yummy... my husband even said over and over again how good it was, and he's a little tricky to please. I used a rice medley and cooked it in the rice maker using the amount of liquid recommended on the rice container. For the broth, I used homemade veggie broth with Better than Bouillon added... and I used 2 tbsp fresh sage from the garden.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan and stir in the sage. Turn off heat and let sit.
- In another sauce pan heat broth to boiling; add rice and lower heat.
- Simmer, covered until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put rice into serving dish and toss with sage butter and Parmesan.