Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My moms favorite.
Make and share this Sage and Onion Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- Dice onions.
- Put them in a pan with just enough water to cover them and parboil.
- Chop the fesh sage finely, if using.
- Drain the onions.
- Mix fresh or powdered sage and oninons in a bowl with the bread crumbs.
- Melt butter, add to stuffing, and season to taste.
- Stuff the bird of your choice or cook at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes in a well greased pan.
I used homemade seeded wholemeal bread, and it was superb.
Good basic...but after seeing the other reviews @ dry, I added an egg and 1 cup of chicken broth. That did the trick. Cuts nicely into squares; served with mushroom/onion gravy.
I thought this was really nice, but have to agree with Chef#1059501 that it was a bit on the dry side. i didn't follow the recipe exactly so perhaps I didn't use enough butter, but next time i may use a little egg to bind it togther. Other than that the taste was fab!