Recipe by - Carla -
Slow roasting the potatoes with the onion and sage give them a delicious herb flavor. This is a holiday favorite in our home I'm sure you will enjoy as well.
Top Review by PaulaG
Oven roasted potatoes that are then mashed--this was very good and different. They have a nice flavor and the timing is perfect. I didn't have vegetable broth so I used water with great results.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, sliced into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- butter, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a greased 3 quart casserole dish, combine the potatoes and onions.
- In a large glass measuring cup combine vegetable broth, olive oil, sage, salt& freshly ground black pepper; drizzle over the potato and onion mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender; stirring once or twice as needed.
- Roughly mash potatoes with a potato masher or with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Slowly stir in enough milk and butter for the potatoes to reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!