Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been making these sausages since the early 90's. I made a note on the card that the recipe was from "BA". That could either be the Bellevue American Newspaper (now the Journal American) or from Bon Appetit Magazine. I suspect the latter but can't say for sure. Either way, these are really good. We like them with French Toast and sauteed apples.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Saute' bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain. Keep drippings.
- Add the onion and thyme to the bacon drippings. Saute' until the onion is tender, 4 - 5 minute Remove most of the bacon grease from the fry pan.
- Mix in the bacon, maple syrup, sage and curry.
- Place sausage in a bowl. Add onion/bacon mixture. Mix well.
- Form into 4 3" patties. (Make ahead if you want).
- Heat oil in skillet. Fry sausage about 5 minutes per side or until done. Drain and serve.