1/1 Photo of Sage and Lemon Chicken
HEP MEP's Note:
This came out of our Sunday paper's Food section. It seemed ideal to me since I could adjust it to be a low sodium entree. I doubled the recipe for the 3 of us and made 4 halves.(extra sauce would be good next time too-it went fast!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breasts between wax paper or plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 2Press 2 or 3 sage leaves on the surface of each breast.
- 3Combine flour,salt and pepper to taste on a plate, and gently dust chicken with the seasoned flour.
- 4Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and add chicken, sage-side down.
- 5Brown for 3 to 5 minutes, then turn over chicken and brown 3 minutes longer.
- 6Set chicken aside and pour off any fat.
- 7Add lemon juice and broth to the skillet and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- 8Return chicken to skillet and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 9Place chicken on 2 serving plates then add butter to skillet and swirl to melt.
- 10Spoon sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage and Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 172.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: