Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on an old recipe card. I haven't tried it but it sounds yummy.
- 2 teaspoons mccormick rubbed sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick ground black pepper
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F Mix sage, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Layer 1/3 of the potatoes and 1/2 of the onion in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the sage mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes, sage mixture and cheese.
- Stir broth and cream in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over potatoes.
- Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and top is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
We thought this was TOTALLY delish!!!! A "keeper" for sure!!! Great flavor, great texture, and really DID make the whole house smell so inviting!!! Happy cooking! XO LA :-)
We thought these were ok. I think I used too many potatoes and not enough cheese. I'm going to try them again.
Wow! Amazing! We made just a few tiny changes: we used regular whipping cream (not heavy), replaced the sage with oregano, baked it for an hour and a half, and added a little extra broth to make it extra saucy. Six russet potatoes made enough to fill the baking dish almost to the rim. It was outstanding!