Straight out of my 'The best traditional recipes of Greek Cooking' that I brought home from Greece in 1990, with the exception of editing for standard measurements. Finally posting for ZWT9. NINE!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Be careful not to burn or smoke.
- 2Mix 2 eggs with flour to make a paste.
- 3Divide the Gruyere cheese into portions, immerse each portion into water first, then into the egg and flour mixture, and fry it in heated oil until it becomes on both sides light brown in colour.
- 4Fry the remaining eggs separately in olive oil and serve them alongside the fried cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saganaki Me Tyri Ke Avga (Fried Cheese With Eggs)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1168.0
- Calories from Fat 955
- Total Fat 106.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 455.3 mg
- Sodium 398.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 37.2 g