Recipe by UnknownChef86
This is an "authentic" swedish recipe that comes from a wonderful cookbook from our local nebraska "swedish capital" of Oakland. Great recipes in this book, I cherish it.
- 1 medium orange
- 1 quart apple cider
- 2 cups white grape juice or 2 cups currant juice or 2 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inch)
- 8 whole cloves
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup blanched slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut colored portion from orange in single spiral.
- Reserve orange for another purpose.
- In a large pot combine orange peel and the next five ingredients.
- Let stand 4 hours.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to low; simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold in punch cups with a few raisins and almonds in each serving.