Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Courtesy of Ina Garten.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 zucchini, diced large
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a small saucepan and turn off the heat.
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin and saffron threads and allow to steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and melt the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Bring the chicken stock just back to a boil.
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and add the cooked zucchini.
- Pour the hot chicken stock over them.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Add the basil and parsley.
- Toss the couscous and herbs with a fork and serve warm or at room temperature.