Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
this is great served cold or at room temps. serve with french baquettes to get every bit of the sauce. this is from cooking light
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled,deveined
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- combine first 5 ingredients in a large non stick skillet, cook for 5 minutes add shrimp, cook 2 minutes until cooked through.
- pour everything into a bowl, chill.
- stir in parsley before serving.
DH gave this a 5-star rating! Nice seasonings that let the flavor of the shrimp shine through. Although I'm not fond of licorice flavors, the anise flavor was very delicate and not overpowering. Saffron gave a pale yellow color to this tasty dish!