1/6 Photos of Saffron Scented Fruity Yellow Rice - Rice Cooker
French Tart's Note:
A wonderful African inspired yellow rice dish that my Mum always makes. I have adapted her recipe slightly - and this cooks very well in a rice cooker - a gadget I would NOT be without! If you don't have any fruit chutney available, add a handful of sultanas & toasted flaked almonds and maybe a tablespoon of peach or apricot jam too. A wonderful accompaniment for most types of stews, cassroles, curries & tagines.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Important Note: This is a recipe for a standard Rice Cooker - please adjust the fluids if cooking in a pan the conventional way.
- 2Put 3 cups 0f rinsed Basmati rice into your rice cooker - using the cup provided.
- 3Fill up with water to the 3 cup level in the rice cooker.
- 4Add the saffron, cardamom seeds, salt, pepper & chutney to the rice & water.
- 5Using the special non-stick spatula or spoon, gently mix it all together.
- 6Turn the rice cooker on to the Cook cycle.
- 7(This can be kept warm when the cooking cycle has finished for up to 2 hours.).
- 8When ready to serve, add the butter & gently mix through.
- 9Then put into a serving dish or straight onto the plates & garnish with chopped fresh coriander/cilantro.
- 10You can also sprinkle some toasted flaked almonds on top if you wish.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Scented Fruity Yellow Rice - Rice Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 36.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: