1/2 Photos of Saffron Sauce for Fish - Spain
Mme M's Note:
This is a sauce often used for fish. Spaniards eat a good amount of fish, so this sauce is pretty popular. When you cook fish, make this sauce, and add in the fish pan juices as the very last step of this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the saffron in heated fish stock that uses white wine and a little vinegar.
- 2Make a roux with hlaf the butter (or 1/4 cup) and the flour. Moisten with the stock, adding stock until the consistency is just as thick as whipping cream.
- 3Soften the peppers with the garlic in the remaining butter over low heat. When they are soft, add this to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Pour in the cream, Madeira and lemon juice.
- 5Add juices from the fish you are cooking to use this sauce with, for maximum flavor and so as not to be wasteful!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Sauce for Fish - Spain
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.7
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.4 mg
- Sodium 359.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g