Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve with salmon.
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1⁄4 lb French haricots vert, cut on the bias into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups couscous
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the vegetables in a medium baking dish, toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are just cooked through. Bring vegetable stock, saffron and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan, let boil for 5 minutes, until saffron blooms and colors the stock.
- Add the couscous, stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until all liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place couscous in a large bowl, add the roasted vegetables and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with diced red pepper and cilantro.