Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Got this recipe from the Food Network Magazine and decided to give it a try. Saffron is an expensive spice the the bright yellow color makes it so pretty
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread, lightly crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped for topping
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Heat olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add saffron, coriander, garlic, shallot and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring until shallot is translucent and the oil turns yellow - about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, lemon juice and 1/3 cup water.
- Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower turns yellow and water has mostly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven,.
- Roast stirring halfway through, until cauliflower is tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with parsley.