1/1 Photo of Saffron Roasted Cauliflower
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Got this recipe from the Food Network Magazine and decided to give it a try. Saffron is an expensive spice the the bright yellow color makes it so pretty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron thread, lightly crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped for topping
- 1/3 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Heat olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add saffron, coriander, garlic, shallot and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring until shallot is translucent and the oil turns yellow - about 5 minutes.
- 4Add cauliflower, lemon juice and 1/3 cup water.
- 5Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower turns yellow and water has mostly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 6Transfer skillet to oven,.
- 7Roast stirring halfway through, until cauliflower is tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
- 8Season with salt and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Roasted Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 627.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g