Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Food Network Magazine.
Top Review by breezermom
Made this for a snack to eat while watching football, and we really enjoyed it. Our lemon was very large so I only used 1/4 of it. The lemon flavor still came through. Really loved the dusting of kosher salt at the end....especially since I ate it as a snack! Like saffron popcorn!! Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool Summer 2014 at yuku.
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread, lightly crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the saffron, coriander, garlic, shallot and 1 teaspoons salt and cook, stirring, until the shallot is translucent and the oil turns yellow, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, lemon juice and 1/3 cup water. Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower turns yellow and the water has mostly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast, stirring halfway through, until the cauliflower is tender and golden, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and sprinkle with parsley.