Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Saffron is expensive, but it is worth itand you use such a small amount at a time, you have it for a while. This dish is so good, it is one of my favorites.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium size yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white vermouth
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion. Saute 5 minutes. Add saffron; saute 1 minute. Add rice; cok 2 minutes, stirring constantly. reduce heat to medium; add vermouth and 2 cups broth. Cook, stirrinng constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat procedure with remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time. (Cooking time is 30-45 minutes) Remove from heat; stir in cheese and pistachios.
I love risotto and this version is my new favorite. The addition of saffron and pistachios was wonderful. Made for My 3 Chefs. Thanks for sharing your recipe KittyKitty.