Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Self Magazine's feature on popular celebrity dishes. Serves 4. Nutritional breakdown: 298 calories/serving, 8.3g fat (2.8 saturated)
- 28 ounces chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brick stock to a low simmer in a medium pot.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Cook onion til translucent (~3 min). Add rice and a pinch of salt.
- Saute until rice is translucent (~2 min).
- Add wine and saffron, and bring to a simmer, while stirring, until most of the wine is absorbed.
- Add 2 ladles of stock to the rice; simmer, stirring, until stock is mostly absorbed.
- Continue adding stock, allowing rice to absorb it before adding the next ladelful.
- Cook until rice is al dente and mixture is a little loose.
- Stir in butter.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Cover, let sit for 2 minutes.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Garnish with cheese shavings, if you'd like.