Recipe by Anna P.
Sounds very yummy, can't remember where I found the card for this recipe, thought someone might like it. In this recipe, the rice is cooked in boiling water just like pasta. Toss it very gently, or the rice will become gummy. Enjoy.
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice or 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice (about 1 cup)
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves picked from stem
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a medium saucepan with cold water.
- Add saffron and 2 tablespoons salt.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Stir in rice, and cook until rice is tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and drain well.
- Place rice in serving bowl.
- Add butter and tomatoes, and toss very gently.
- Season with salt, pepper, and fresh oregano.