Recipe by RSHDiva
This is a spectacular main dish for a very special occasion. The ingredients are pricey, but for a celebration, or sure-fire impressive entrée, this is the ticket. Just make sure not to over-cook it.
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled seeded and chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, steeped in 1 tablespoon hot water for 10 minutes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the roasted and peeled peppers into 1/2 inch dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In an ovenproof frying pan or a paella pan about 12 inches in diameter, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute, stirring, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the rice and parsley and cook, stirring, until the rice is evenly coated with oil, about 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers, wine, stock, tomatoes, saffron and water, turmeric, salt and ground pepper. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Bury the shrimp and scallops in the rice. Place in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cover and continue to bake until the rice is tender and the seafood is cooked, about 10 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
- Serves 6.