This flavorful rice dish goes well with any poultry, especially game hens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak currants in wine until needed.
- 2In a heavy medium saucepan, melt butter and stir in rice; cook over medium low heat, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Bring broth to a boil with saffron. Pour over rice; stir in basil, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in currants and wine. Spread on a large platter and arrange quail on top.
- 4Steam or stir fry snow peas and place around edge or at ends of platter. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 5Canadian Living the Merry Christmas Cookbook Special.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Rice With Currants and Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.5
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 958.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: