1/2 Photos of Saffron Rice Pilaf With Toasted Almonds
This is a rice pilaf recipe that I make all the time. I started making it to avoid the sodium and preservatives in the boxed versions of rice pilaf. This recipe is healthy and the ingredients are inexpensive. It's one of my husband's favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan on medium-low heat, toast almonds until they turn a golden-brown color. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- 2In the same saucepan on medium heat, melt butter.
- 3Add vermicelli noodles and brown for 1 minute.
- 4Add rice and brown for 1-2 additional minutes being careful not to burn noodles or rice.
- 5Add seasoned salt, saffron, toasted almonds and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 6Cover saucepan and reduce heat to lowest setting. Cook covered for 16 minutes.
- 7Remove lid and fluff with a fork.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Rice Pilaf With Toasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 401.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: