I found this recipe in Singapore's Aircrew Alliance magazine. Sounds really yummy. It's really very easy using a rice cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and drain the rice.
- 2Melt butter in skillet over low heat.
- 3Add onions and cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cardamom- saute until fragrant.
- 4Add rice and mix well.
- 5Transfer mixture into a rice cooker.
- 6Add in raisins and tomatoes.
- 7Add enough stock to come up to about half inch above the rice.
- 8Add salt to taste.
- 9Cook rice thoroughly.
- 10Add saffron to heated milk.
- 11Drizzle the mixture over cooked rice.
- 12Stir and let sit a few minutes for the rice to absorb the flavor and color.
- 13Serve hot with curry.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 8.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: