Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in Singapore's Aircrew Alliance magazine. Sounds really yummy. It's really very easy using a rice cooker.
- Rinse and drain the rice.
- Melt butter in skillet over low heat.
- Add onions and cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cardamom- saute until fragrant.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Transfer mixture into a rice cooker.
- Add in raisins and tomatoes.
- Add enough stock to come up to about half inch above the rice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook rice thoroughly.
- Add saffron to heated milk.
- Drizzle the mixture over cooked rice.
- Stir and let sit a few minutes for the rice to absorb the flavor and color.
- Serve hot with curry.