- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch long)
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in medium heavy saucepan and fry cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves for about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and fry for 2 - 3 minutes more.
- Stir in salt, chicken stock and saffron.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- After 5 minutes, fluff with fork.