Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Heat butter in medium heavy saucepan and fry cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves for about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and fry for 2 - 3 minutes more.
- Stir in salt, chicken stock and saffron.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- After 5 minutes, fluff with fork.
This is fantastic, and so quick & easy! I too used basmati rice, oil (not butter) and veg stock, to make it vegan. Very nice with fresh diced tomatoes.
A delicious rice made for ZWT3. We used basmati rice and loved the blend of spices in this simple side dish. Thanks Rita.
Sorry...but I didn't like it. Too much cumin, and not that great in taste.