Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes.
Make and share this Saffron Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups long grain rice
- Combine all ingredients except rice in a medium saucepan. Heat to boiling.
- Add rice, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Delicious and so easy, I scaled back for 1 cup and used a low GI white rice and it only took 15 minutes to absorb the liquid. Thank you dicentra, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.