Recipe by pjurczuk
A fragrant coloured rice with the delicate distinctive flavour of saffron. if you do not have saffron use turmeric as a substitute. Cheap saffron works but more is needed. Great with any curry.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 4 green cardamom pods, bruised
- cinnamon stick
- 250 g basmati rice
- 500 ml water or 500 ml stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm fat in a large pan. Add cinnamon, cardamon. Fry until fragrant.
- Add rice and fry until covered and translucent.
- Crush or pound saffron to release flavors.
- Meanwhile bring saffron and water/stock in milk pan. When nearly boiling ad to rice. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes.