Recipe by chia
another quick side dish, the saffron gives the potatoes a lovely golden color.
Top Review by drbecca26
I was just getting ready to post this recipe!!! I can't remember where I got it but it's a favorite for me! I slice mine a little thinner, though. Some people may say that it's a waste of a very expensive spice (I use a BIG pinch) but I have to differ...and this is even better reheated. The sauce gets thicker each time. A great thing to have in your repertoire! Thanks for the post!
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 lbs medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- crumble saffron into water.
- heat butter in a skillet, then brown potatoes in 1 layer, turning over after 5 minutes.
- add water, salt,& pepper and simmer at medium, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes more until water is evaporated.