A tagine is a Moroccan casserole dish, if you don't have one a normal casserole dish works just as well.
- 4 lbs potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron strand
- 5 ounces large raisins
- 1⁄2 pint hot vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 8 - 10 minutes Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a casserole dish suitable for the stovetop and fry onions for 4 minutes Add garlic, spices, raisins and half the stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes the stock should have reduced by about 50%.
- Add potatoes and remaining stock. Simmer for another 10 minutes until everything has warmed through and the sauce has thickened.
- Season if desired and stir in the fresh herbs. Serve with cous cous.