This is an easy rich and wholesome dinner - without fats - combine this with a salad and a crusty slice of bread and dinner is done!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 saffron strands
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh chopped)
- 12 shrimp (fresh heads on)
- 8 ounces baby calamari
- 8 ounces white fish fillets (such as monk fish skinless fillets, you can substitute other dense white fish)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (crushed)
- 2 onions (small quatered)
- 1 small fennel bulb (trimmed and sliced)
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh chopped to garnish)
- salt and pepper
- 1Put the saffron threads, sun dried tomatoes and thyme into a bowl with 1/4 cup boiling hot water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- 2Wash the shrimp and carefully remove and discard the shells, but leave the heads and tails intact. Pull the head from each squid and discard the quill. Cut the tentacles from the head and rinse under cold water. Pull off and discard the outer skin and cut the flesh into 1/4 inch rings. Cut the monkfish into 1" cubes. Set aside.
- 3Put the garlic, onions and fennel into a pan with the wine. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until tender. Stir occassionally.
- 4Stir in the monkfish and the saffron mixture. Cover and cook 3 more mins, then stir in the shrimp and the squid. Cover and cook gently (do not overcook) for 1- 2 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the instructions until just under el dente. Drain throughly.
- 6Divide the pasta among four serving dishes and top with the sauce, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Pappardelle
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 300.1 mg
- Sodium 292.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: