1 hr 15 mins
A beautiful Saffron Chicken with a dreamy rich Saffron dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will need to trim excess fat off chicken. Dry chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slice one white onion into rings.
- 2Heat 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in heavy dutch oven or large pot with lid on medium-high heat. Working in small batches, add chicken and cook until seared and golden brown to lock in juices, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate with paper towel to absorb oil.
- 3Saffron Brew.
- 4Heat 1 Cup of water to a boil in small pan.
- 5Pestle 4 tablespoons of good quality saffron. Add to boiled water to create a saffron brew, stirring for 3 minutes. Let brew steam in a closed glass container for 5 minutes till golden yellow.
- 6Add one to two cups of water to dutch oven or large pot with lid, preferably glass to watch chicken. Add chicken and top with the sliced rings of onion. Heat on medium high then add Saffron brew; bring to rolling boil. Return chicken to pot. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through; braising for approximately 30 minutes. When the liquid has reduced to 1/4 add 3/4 cup of Ranch dressing. Stir till creamy. Dreamy! Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Transfer chicken to platter and drizzle saffron sauce over dish . Simply delicious! Garnish with Rosemary or Thyme.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron on the Ranch
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.4
- Calories from Fat 696
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 202.0 mg
- Sodium 674.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 44.9 g