Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Original poster is Steve Brill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered saffron
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light miso
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups millet
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups watercress, chopped
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, saffron and miso.
- Mix well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large sauceepan and bring to a full boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered until all the water is absorbed and the millet is tender, around 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the saffron mixture and serve hot.