Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Our local Publix Supermarket hosts cooking demonstration and hands on cooking dinners. This recipe was one they prepared. It is simple and very tasty. My modification was to add jumbo crab. They also served these as 4 appetizer portions in ramekins. I instead baked in a ceramic pie dish to serve as a party appetizer.
- 226.79 g crabmeat, drained and picked through (jumbo)
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 453.59 g ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1.23 ml saffron thread
- 4.92 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 loaf baguette
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray ceramic pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta, herbs, mixing well. Then stir in crab meat until just mixed.
- Pour into pie pan and drizzle with the olive oil on top.
- Bake until warm and quivery, about 15 minutes.
- Slice french baguette on a diagonal about 1/2 thick. Drizzle or spray each with olive oil on both sides then toast.
- Remove the bread and rub each with the raw garlic. Serve alongside the hot cheese dip.