1 hr 10 mins
Shannon Cooks's Note:
A creamy and exotic ice cream that is inspired by the flavors of traditional Indian sweets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the milk and heavy cream to a boil.
- 2Add the saffron, remove from heat and leave to infuse overnight in the refrigerator.
- 3The next morning, beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until smooth and white.
- 4Gradually add the saffron infusion, beating well after each addition.
- 5On the stove top, place mixture in a metal bowl placed over a pot of rapidly boiling water.
- 6Cook until the mixture coats the spoon.
- 7Pass the mixture through a fine sieve. Save the saffron filaments and return them to the mixture.
- 8Allow to cool. Once cold, chill in a metal bowl in the freezer and remove at 1 hour intervals and beat until set. You can also use an ice cream freezer.
- 9To make syrup:.
- 10Stir 1 1/2 cups water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 11Increase heat to medium-high.
- 12Add cinnamon stick and boil mixture until syrup is reduced to a scant 1 cup amount, about 10 minutes.
- 13Mix in rose water and cool. Serve ice cream in individual bowls and drizzle syrup on top.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Ice Cream With Rose Water Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 208.2 mg
- Sodium 59.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: