Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light April 2010. The dish is "middle eastern inspired". The recipe suggests flounder or halibut.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb flounder fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- fresh thyme leave
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion, fennel, coriander, garlic, and thyme sprig; sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in rind and saffron; add water, clam juice and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, fish and beans; cook 5 minutes. Top with thyme leaves.