Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is About.com Shrimp can be substituted for the crawfish.
Make and share this Saffron Crawfish Risotto Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pinch saffron or 1 pinch turmeric
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas
- 1⁄2 lb crawfish tail, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook onions in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until soft. Add rice and saffron; stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup broth; cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup broth and 3 cups water, allowing each to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in peas, crawfish, Parmesan cheese, salt, cream, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce. Cook until risotto is thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes.
- If crawfish is unavailable, substitute deveined medium shrimp.