Top Review by Linajjac
This was very good. I didn't add the salt. Went really well with grilled chicken. Nice simple lunch that was enjoyed by all. Next time, I might kick it up a notch and add garlic. Thanks. :)
- 2 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion top
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add saffron, stirring to dissolve. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add couscous; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture, hot sauce, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in onions.