Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is easy and very low in carbs - it makes a quick one-pot meal. Add bread if you're not counting carbs.
- 1 lb chicken piece (I used chicken tenders)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 fresh tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- Slice the mushrooms and the onions and the garlic.
- Chop the tomatoes into eighths - you want chunks of tomato you can actually taste!
- In a saute pan, melt the oil and butter and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic and stir until onions are wilted.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, sherry and when liquid is heated through, add the saffron and other seasonings.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve in bowls with broth over the meat and vegetables.
Such an exotic and delicious treat for my taste buds. The saffron stands out, but it IS the star of the show here, and the rest of the ingredients compliment each other without standing alone. I let my saffron threads steep in a couple of tablespoons of very warm water about an hour before beginning this recipe, as this helps release the flavor. Thanks for sharing, One Happy Woman. Made for My 3 Chef's event