1/2 Photos of Saffron Chicken
This yummy curry is one of my husbands specialities.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the saffron strands in a dry pan over a medium heat for about 1 minute taking care not to burn them.
- 2Cool, and then crush them with the back of a spoon.
- 3Dissolve them in 1 tablespoon of very hot water.
- 4Heat the ghee (or whatever you use), and gently fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chillis until the onion is soft and golden.
- 5Add garlic.
- 6Add the dissolved saffron to the pan with the cardomon, then add the chicken.
- 7Turn the chicken pieces in the mix, coating well.
- 8Add the salt, cover and cook for 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- 9Uncover the pan and continue cooking, turning often until the liquid is almost gone.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.7
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 179.8 mg
- Sodium 1020.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 39.3 g