- 0.5 ml saffron threads, pulverized
- 113.39 g butter
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 9.85 ml basil, finely chopped (or marjoram)
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml lemon zest, finely grated (or orange zest)
- 0.25 ml ground cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the saffron threads with 2 teaspoons hot water and let it steep until the color emerges, after a few minutes.Work it into the butter, which has been brought to room temperature, with the remaining ingredients, using a wooden spoon.
- Move to a crock or place on wax paper and roll into a cylinder. Freeze until firm. Once frozen, slice into thin disks. Use as desired on vegetables, meat, fish, etc. Enjoy!