- 2 pinches saffron threads, pulverized
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons basil, finely chopped (or marjoram)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated (or orange zest)
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the saffron threads with 2 teaspoons hot water and let it steep until the color emerges, after a few minutes.Work it into the butter, which has been brought to room temperature, with the remaining ingredients, using a wooden spoon.
- Move to a crock or place on wax paper and roll into a cylinder. Freeze until firm. Once frozen, slice into thin disks. Use as desired on vegetables, meat, fish, etc. Enjoy!