Saffron Buns are an old tradition and are commonly eaten on December 13, Lucia Day and all the time up until Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The ingredients are the same as for cinnamon rolls, follow the same directions.
- 2Add the saffron to the liquid and mix.
- 3Add the egg as the dough is kneaded.
- 4Take a piece of dough, roll it out into a long string, thick as your finger and about 4-5 in (10-12 cm) long.
- 5Roll up both ends in opposite circles until they meet about midway.
- 6Place a raisin into the center of each circle.
- 7This is called a"lussekatt".
- 8Let the"lussekatt"'s rise about 30-40 min in a nondrafty environment.
- 9Baste with whipped egg and bake in 420-440 °F (200-225 °C), or until golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Buns (Lussekatter)
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 454.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g