Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Prepare as close to serving time as possible. Saffron does not sit well in this recipe and best served fresh.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup chopped leek
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 5 cups mushroom stock or 5 cups broth
- 10 -12 small boiling potatoes, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, leeks, and garlic to some oil in a saucepan [you can use water, broth or juice]. Sauté for 3 minutes, until vegetables begin to sweat.
- Add wine, tomatoes, and saffron threads. Sauté, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a quick boil.
- Reduce heat and allow dish to simmer for 3 minutes. Strain the broth.
- To serve, place 2-3 potatoes in each of 5 soup plates or bowls.
- Pour broth over potatoes and SERVE IMMEDIATELY.