3 hrs 5 mins
Venison may be substituted. Adapted from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Wash and dry meat.
- 3Spread 4 tablespoons of butter over meat.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Place in a shallow roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 6Reduce heat to 350°F.
- 7Add water and continue to cook until meat is tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours, basting frequently.
- 8Remove meat to a platter and keep warm.
- 9In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 10Stir in flour.
- 11Gradually stir in pan drippings.
- 12Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- 13Stir in sour cream and cheese.
- 14Continue cooking until cheese melts.
- 15Add remaining butter and remove pan from heat, stirring until butter melts.
- 16Serve sauce over meat.
Nutritional Facts for Saddle of Reindeer
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 1020.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: