Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is allegedly a Texas recipe. One of DH's friend brought it to a party that we had. It is called a Sad Cake because it falls on purpose, the taste is not Sad.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Cream sugar and eggs together.
- Mix in Bisquick until well mixed.
- Add pecans, vanilla, (and coconut).
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Note: the cake is supposed to look strange.
- It rise high in the oven and then caves in in the middle.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream or plain.
I remember my Grandma making this cake! I am so glad to find the recipe. The response I receive when sharing this are unanimous "The best cake I have ever had". "Anything but Sad!"
I've had this before but without the pecans. Very good!!