Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 946.36 ml milk
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml coconut, or
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml roasted almonds
- 1. Combine cornstarch and water in a small cup and stir well.
- 2. Add milk to a soup pan or dutch oven pot.
- 3. Stir in cornstarch mixture in milk before it gets warm.
- 4. Add in vanilla and sugar.
- 5. Must stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- 6. Let boil for 2 minutes, meanwhile still stirring.
- 7. Serve in dessert bowls.
- 8. Top with cinnamon and coconut or just chopped pistachios.
- 9. It's traditionally eaten hot, but I like it cold too, once it cooled off and firmed up.