Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Grandma Gerber
- 1 cup butter
- 1 -5 1⁄8 ounce instant vanilla pudding
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour, stir flour and spoon into measuring cup
- 1⁄2 cup jam (we like blackberry jam)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cream butter and instant pudding until light and fluffy.
- Add egg.
- Gradually add flour, blend until smooth.
- Form balls of cookie dough and roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press thumb into center of each cookie.
- Bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately place on wire racks to cool.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp jam into thumbprint on cookie.
- In small microwave safe bowl, place chocolate chips and butter. Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds, stirring, chips and butter may need to be melted a little more watch carefully as to not burn.
- Spoon over jam filled cookies.
- Chill then serve.