Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Pillsbury...a Viennese style cookie. Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup apricot preserves or 2⁄3 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 325º.
- In large bowl combine 1 cup margarine and pudding mix; beat until light and fluffy. Add egg; blend well.
- Gradually add flour; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookies sheets.
- With thumb, make indentation in center of each cookie.
- Bake at 325º for 15-18 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons margarine over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over cookies.
Best cookies ever they turned out really great. ��
These cookies truned out GREAT! They were kind of crumbly, but were very soft and yummy!!! I used strawberry jam inside instead of apricot, and everybody loved them! They were super yummy. It was my first time making them and they were easy and awesome! I put the strawberry jam in a plastic baggy and cut a tiny hole in the corner, then squeezed it out that way. It was much cleaner and looked better! I did the same with the melted chocolate to drizzle over the top, but be careful! It was VERY hot!!! :) I highly recommend these delicious cookies. Enjoy!!!
This is the same recipe my mother-in-law gave me years ago except we use vanilla pudding and blackberry jam preserves. So, good. My daughters are now young ladies and they will make this recipe instead of requesting that I make it.