Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A must to make for church teas or add to a Christmas cookie tray.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix, 4 serving size
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- Cream butter and pudding powder together.
- Beat in egg.
- Mix in flour.
- Shape into small balls.
- Roll balls in sugar.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Make a dent in each with your thumb.
- Bake in 325 degree F.
- oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies and press dent again.
- Continue baking for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Fill dents with jam.
- Melt chocolate and butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir to hasten melting.
- Glaze tops of cooled cookies.
I find a sacher torte to be such an elegant dessert so I knew I just had to try this and they were initially yummy as expected. However as they sat they became so crumbly and dry that no one wanted it anymore (within a couple of hours). They did look beautiful though so I would try this again with a different base.